Welcome to “Hotel Rich & Garden Sakata”.
We offer comfortable and easygoing atmosphere with the taste of Scandinavian Style.
Our hotel locates in the center of Sakata city which is surrounded by the marvelous scenery of nature, such as, Mt.Chokai, Japan Sea and Mogami River.
Grand Opened in 2006, Hotel Rich & Garden Sakata got the certificate of international Eco label “Green Key” at the first in Asia.
We will continue to protect beautiful environment and will continue to offer comfortable service to guests.
- Big size bed and large bath room (More than 140cm width of bed, 160cm width of bath tub).
- English speaking staff
- There is a hot spring near hotel.
Location / Directions
7 min. from JR Sakata station by car / 15 min. from Shonai Airport by car / 10 min. from Sakata I.C. on Yamagata expressway by car ( Map:Link ）
Sakata city, Yamagata
|Parking||Available / Free /
|Credit Card||American Express
- 24Hours Front Desk
- Car Rental Service
- Wake-up Call Service
- Laundry Service
- Bicycle Rental Service(Free)
- Smoke Detectors
- Baggage Storage
- Fax,Copy Service
- Message Service
- Express Delivery
- Extra Bed
- Restaurant (2nd floor)
- Banquet Hall
- Conference Room
- Wedding Chapel
- Non Smoking Room
- Vending Machine(beverage)
- Coin-Op Laundry Machine
- Satellite Channel(Free)
- Video On Demand System
- Tea Server & Tea Set
- Hair Dryer
- Trouser Presser(Lending)
- Desk Lamp
- Individual Temperature Control Air Conditioner
- Toilet with Automatic Douche
- Body Soap
- Hair conditioner
- Shower Cap ★
- Hair Comb ★
- Body Sponge ★
- Razor ★
- Cotton Puff ★
★ The amenity with the mark is installed in each elevator hall.
- Early Check-In
- Late Check-Out
- Rent a wheelchair available
- Barrier-Free Restroom
If you are late for check-in time, please give us a call in advance.
The cancellation fee is based on the date(Japan standard time) when the changed and cancellation are accepted.
No-show :100% of total amount
On the date of arrival :80% of total amount
One day prior of arrival :20% of total amount
- Rent a Bicycle / Free
- Rent a car / charge for depend on time
- Tourist Taxi / charge for depend on time
- English Sakata City map / Free
- Sightseeing information by English speaking staff / Free
The film casts and staffs had stayed our hotel for making the film for about 40 days.
A famous actress loves our restaurant and she often has come to eat local foods.
Sakata City prepares a map of shooting locations of “Departures”, a film which received the Academy Award in the category of best foreign language film of the year of the 81st Academy Awards in 2008.
The set of the film’s “NK Agent Office” is reproduced in the old restaurant Obata.
In Shonai movie village, there is real open-set like another world where surrounded by wild nature. The number of the films which were born there are more than 10. The area is separated into four areas, as for fishing village area, field village area, stage village area and mountain village area. You can feel wild old Japan and Japanese wild nature.
Entrance Fee: 1,600Yen
Couple Entrance Fee: 3,000Yen
Mount Haguro, Mount Gassan, and Mount Yudono are most sacred places in northern Japan and are collectively known as Dewa Sanzan, meaning “Three Mountains of Dewa”.
The first temples were established 1,400 years ago and the mountains are still associated with Shugen-do, an ancient and very austere form of ascetic religion combining elements of both Shinto and Buddhism. When you walk through an approach lined with giant cedar trees, you will find a five-story pagoda, which is a national treasure. From there to the top of Mount Haguro, there are 2,446 stone steps flanked by 300-600 year old cedar trees.
This cedar approach gained three stars in the Michelin Green Guide Japon 2009.
Tobishima island is 39Km far from Sakata and it takes 90minutes trip by ship.
It is the only isolated island of Yamagata Prefecture and is famous for its’ unspoiled nature. You can see 10m depth in the sea and you can enjoy scuba-diving with some gentle sharks. It is also very popular for birds-watching fan, because it is known as a stopping point for migratory birds. They say that about a half of migratory birds in Japan, such as 270 species, stop in Tobishima when they fly through. You can enjoy walking around in 2hours and there is no traffic light in this island. Because a warm current flows nearby, the island is relatively warm and covered with evergreen broad-leaved trees throughout the year.
- This picture is taken from the top of hotel one fine day. Mount Chokai has 2236m height and is called “Dewa Fuji”, because of its’ elegant shape. You can enjoy trekking and climbing from July 1st to early October with the wide view of Japan Sea from the mountain. Especially in July, every climber appreciates time-limited alpine-flowers.
- Kamo Suizoku-kan is the only aquarium in Yamagata. It has the world’s largest collection of jellyfish on display (over 30 kinds), which offers a soothing spectacle to viewers of jellyfish of many colors floating around in the water.